Google
 
Shrikhand
Its a traditional and one of the famous sweet receipe in Maharastra. This is my second trial. See my first trial shrikhand for step by step making, in a small quantity for Meeta's Monthly mingle. My son and husband really loved it. It tempted me to do it again and I am glad to add this for Nupur's RCI at One hot stove.

Ingredients
  • Thick natural yoghurt/thick curd-300gm
  • Powdered sugar-2 tblsps
  • Cardomom powder
  • Saffron strands -few
  • Food colour(optional)
  • Warm milk -1 tblspn

For garnishing

  • Pistachios
  • Almonds

Method

Hang yoghurt in a thin cloth to remove water.

keep it for 5 hours to drain out.

Take out the chakka (in Marathi) strained yoghurt in a bowl.

Dissolve the saffron into the warm milk and also the food colour in the same way if desired.

Mix powdered sugar,cardomom powder,and dissolved saffron.

Beat using a hand blender.

Serve chill with pistachios and almonds.

Variation

Increase or decrease sugar for your taste.

My Kakku gave a tip for measurement for sugar: one cup chakka-one cup sugar.

No comments: