Google
 
Vangyacha Bharit(Eggplant Raita)
Vangi as we call it in marathi for brinjal.In Maharastra,Vangi is famous in river side of Krishna.For the river water, Vangi is well grown unlike normal ,it will be big,fleshy and without seed.Its famous in my Ajoba's(grandpa's)native place Sangli and nearby city Miraj.I got that type of vangi in Germany in all supermarket as Auberginen but here its little bigger.

Back to receipe,I did Vangyacha bharit as my mom call it in marathi for eggplant raita.Some people call eggplant curry (Baingan Bharta) in marathi as Vangyacha Bharit.This time I made in a raita type, with small and long shaped brinjal.This is my contribution for RCI hosted by Nupur this month.


Ingredients


  • Eggplant-8/1 big eggplant

  • Onion-1 medium sized

  • Greenchillies - 3 or 4

  • Yoghurt-1 cup or as needed

  • Corriander leaves

  • Mustardseeds

  • Oil 1 tblsp

  • Asafoetida a pinch

  • Salt for taste

  • Sugar for taste
Method

Rub oil on the brinjal and roast it on the direct flame flip it other sides too.


I kept into the bake oven for 20 minutes or till the skin loosens from inner flesh.Remove it.Don't forget to flip it over.


Peel off the outer skin and mash it only the inner flesh using spatula or using blender coarsely.

Cut chillies,onion and beat the yoghurt.


Mix the beaten yoghurt,chopped onion,green chillies,corriander leaves to the mashed eggplant.


Add Salt and sugar.


Temper mustard seeds,and asafoetida if you want.


I added redchilli and urid dhal to the seasoning.


It goes well with poli,chapathi or roti.

No comments: