Its a maharastrian receipe,mainly using chick pea flour.Its my mom's favourite receipe.She likes even pithla(diluted version of zunka) goes well with rice.I will stay away from that.I like to have zunka only with poli,b'coz I don't know and I never made Bakri before.(Shame on me!).Let me try atleast once . I share Zunka with poli and amras for Nupur's RCI.

Ingredients


  • Chick pea flour/besan flour - 1 cup
  • Mustardseeds
  • Greenchilies - 2 0r 3
  • Curry leaves - 1 stick
  • Corriander leaves
  • Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Onion - 1
  • Tomato-1
  • Garlic pods-2 or 3
  • Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
  • Red chilli powder -1 tsp
  • Salt for taste
  • Oil -2 tblsp
Method

Cut the Onion,garlic,chillies and tomatoes.

Mix the chick pea flour in water without forming any lumps.

Add turmeric, redchilli powder, and salt to that besan flour.

Heat oil in a kadai add mustard to splutter.

Then add cuminseeds, greenchillies,curry leaves, garlic ,onion and tomatoes one by one.

Saute for 2 minutes ,add the besan flour mixture.

Simmer the stove and stir it for 5 mins or untill the water evoporates.

Finally garnish with corriander leaves.Serve with poli,roti or with bhakri.

Variation

Add vegetables as you like.